Sign up NOW
for pharmacy technicians and pharmacist job updates.
Pharmacy Start Up
- Pharmacy Start Up - We can provide a business plan review, assist you in the application
process, provide a Pharmacy Manager for the application and inspection (if needed),
evaluate your proposed business location, offer design recommendations, provide
a list of supplies and equipment required for a successful Board of Pharmacy inspection,
suggest vendors for these items, and arrange for the final inspection of the facility.
Contact us to learn more about how we may best assist your pharmacy start up.
- Compounding Pharmacy - The requirements for this type of operation exceed those
of a standard community pharmacy. Our experts will inform you of the USP Chapters
797, 795, 1163, and 71 recommendations and requirements as they apply to your business
model. We will provide you a breakdown of fixtures, equipment, and supplies needed
for the safe and proper compounding of sterile and non sterile medications. We will
also assist you in the establishment of all the necessary policies and procedures,
documents, logs and forms required by the Board of Pharmacy. Our experts are also
available for follow up audits to assess operational compliance, develop a gap analysis,
and present a corrective plan.
- Mail Order Pharmacy - This market segment has undergone rapid growth and equally
rapid change. Whether you are adding this service to your existing pharmacy or establishing
a new operation, we can help. With an eye toward efficiency and work flow, we can
offer proven design insight. Our experts will evaluate your anticipated work load
and determine your equipment, medication storage, and supply needs, along with recommendations
as to vendors for these items. Our payer / PBM experts are available to assist you
in assessing insurance plan restrictions and requirements and developing strategies
to minimize your risk exposure. We can also recommend legal counsel to help you
stay abreast of changes in this market.
- Long Term Care Pharmacy - The provision of pharmacy services to nursing homes and
ALFs is greatly different than traditional community pharmacy operations. HCC has
experts with extensive experience in this area. We can offer suggestions as to medication
packaging systems, pre-packing, and overall work flow. Our experts are also available
to evaluate existing operations and make recommendations as to staffing models,
operational benchmarks, increased efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Institutional Pharmacy - Hospital pharmacy operations are constantly evolving. The shift from delivery of medications to the delivery of pharmacy services is accelerating. Hospital administrators and directors are now requiring pharmacy services to more actively support patient outcomes and transition of care. The realignment of pharmacy services means that traditional pharmacy operations must run more streamlined and efficient. In addition, many hospital pharmacy directors are unsure if their sterile compounding facilities and operations are compliant with the State's rapidly evolving rules. HCC's hospital pharmacy consultants are experts in this field, most having been department heads themselves, and can provide the guidance you need to evolve and succeed.
Once your pharmacy is open, HCC is available to provide additional services including:
- Training and Compliance - HIPAA, CQI, JCAHO, OSHA, USP, Policy & Procedures; there
are many state and federally required programs that must be implemented by all pharmacies.
Our experts will assess your needs and help you achieve compliance through training.
- Pre inspection Audits - Is your annual pharmacy inspection coming up? We can take
the anxiety out of this event by performing a pre inspection audit. Our Consultants
are well versed in the Board of Pharmacy rule and laws and will review your pharmacy
with a critical eye. Does your pharmacy compound medications? Our experts will assess
your compliance to your State's rules and USP guidance. We will then present our
findings and recommendations to you so that there will be no surprises during the
- Efficiency and Work Flow - Our experts have been involved in all aspects of pharmacy
practice, large and small. We can analyze and evaluate your current operation and
offer insight and suggestions to improve efficiency and work flow.
- Expert Witness and Opinion - HCC can provide highly trained and credentialed pharmacists
to assist legal counsel in case preparation and trial.
Call us today at 1-800-642-1652